How to wash your Vegetables properly before consumption.
Hey foodies how are we doing today? Great? Today, we would be discussing how to take care of our vegetables like Carrots, Garden eggs, Tomatoes, Green Pepper, Ugu leaves, Waterleaf etc.
it’s a tradition in my home to wash our vegetables with soap (morning fresh) why? Because, we want to cleanse the food and it will surprise you the amount of dirt that do come out from these vegetables. The water is completely black I kid you not.
Many of us don’t remember that manure is used in growing these veggies and it has passed from one hand to another in the process of processing or even customer selecting and dropping back in their bids to price and look for the best. So, washing is important.
It is safe to say that about 80% of individuals basically just throw a carrot or garden egg without washing into their mouth with the quote of “Dirty no Dey kill African Man” that’s bogus if you ask me. It might not kill you now, but, eventually you feel the side effects of eating dirt.
Personal hygiene is very important and shouldn’t be taken likely especially when it regards to food you consume.
- Let me take you through our routine buy the food stuff from the market, wash it with soap and sponge until water is crystal clear.
- The next step is to soak with salt, exactly salt! It’s another essential ingredient used to kill the germs on your veggies.
- Soak for about 3-4mins tops for the salt to really do its work.
- Once done, rinse out and why? You don’t want your veggies tasting of salt. As we all know too much salt intake sef get e own palava which is HP( High blood pressure)
- Store in your fridge, your veggies are ready for consumption.