Chicken/ Beef Sharwama What a Fulfilling delicacy.
Did you know that Sharwama also known as Shaurma is a Middle Eastern meat preparation of doner kebab of an ottoman Turkey.
It was originally made of lamb or mutton but, as of today, Sharwama can also be made with Chicken,Turkey, Beef, or Veal that are cut in thin slices and stacked in a cone-like shape on a vertical rotisserie.
These thin slices are shaved off the cooked surface as it continuously rotates. Sharwama is one of the world’s most popular street foods especially our country Nigeria. I believe that a lot of us are fans of this street food.
That been said let’s go into preparing this in the comfort of our homes.
- Wash and clean all the vegtables
- Cut the Carrot/ Cucumber into brunoise (cut into small cubes)
- Shred the Cabbage
- Mix the Carrot, Cabbage and Cucumber together
- But the Chicken and Beef send to the oven to roast dry
- Cut the Chicken and Beef
- Hit up the Chapati bread in the oven for 2-3 mins
- Spread little Mayonaise and Ketchup (that’s been mixed already) on the Chapati bread and Pepperoni Sausage
- Roll and heat up in the oven for 2-3 mins and serve with tea/Coffee/Juice/Alcohol.
And there you have it your home made Shawarma done in the comfort of your home, serve this to your guests, family and friends on Christmas day, New year or any preferred day of your choice.
I prepared this last year for my friends with Baileys flavoured ice cream but with a rule of “No food for people wey no go follow work for kitchen o” Lol! and to my surprise they quite enjoyed it and demanded another choopings should occur this year as well.
I just might do so see!