3 out of 4 Families will definitely Enjoy Eating This meal.
Last summer, I had an opportunity to visit the ancient city of Bonny Island, located strategically in the southern part of Nigeria.
And to be Sincere,
It left me with an indelible mark of experience.
From the moist chilly winds, she extends her benevolent hands of welcome and, from her Rich and fascinating landscape, she would whisper gentle words of inspiration to my ears.
This is something I wish not to forget in a hurry.
One thing that really drove me nuts was her native dish, Catfish Pepper Soup and Onunu. This practically remains one of the most delicious meal I have ever tasted!
And guess what?
She honored me with her secret recipe… A reminder of her undying love for me…
So today, am going to share this amazing piece of information with you. I am going to give you a step by step guide showing you exactly how this delicious meal is prepared.
I believe you are ready… So am I !
So Let’s Dive Right in
Ingredients for Cat Fish Pepper soup (Bonny Recipe)
- 2 medium sized Catfish
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Fresh Pepper
- 2 medium sized onion
- Few Scent Leaves
- 2 big Stock cubes
- Kukuru akanwu (Ehuru Seeds or Nutmerg)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the Catfish into preferable slices and pour in a bowel.
- Boil some hot water and pour on the pieces of fish, to remove the slimy/slippery coating on its skin.
- Peel off the Ehuru Seeds, and Turmeric and grind with a dry mill.
- Chop the onion into tiny slices.
- Blend your fresh pepper and tomatoes separately.
- Wash and cut your scent leaves.
- Place the pieces of Cat fish in a pot, add water to slightly cover the Catfish. Add your chopped onion, and Stock cubes.
Allow to Cook for 10mins
- Once it begins to boil, add the grounded nutmeg (Ehuru Seeds), Turmeric, Fresh Tomatoes, Fresh pepper, and the crayfish, make sure to mix thoroughly, and cook for 2mins
- Add the scent leaves and allow to cook until its done
- Add salt to taste and allow to simmer for 1 minute and its ready!
- you should be careful when stiring .
- It is best served Hot!!
This dish can also be served with white rice, Agidi, boiled plantains, or boiled yam.
You can also check out other Nigerian Catfish Pepper soup and catfish related recipes here.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below.