Easiest Ways To Tackle Menstrual Cramps
Every girl is always eager to enter the puberty phase. We want the breasts, the bras and the curves and the attention that goes with it but we tend to forget about the pains that come with menstrual cramps.
There is that time of the month that is uncomfortable for women, though in variable degrees. Some people experience painful cramps while others don’t.
There are ways to tackle menstrual cramps apart from using painkillers everytime they occur there are simple ways to ease the discomfort.
- Take a walk. A little exercise will go a long way especially when it is done before the period starts. It helps with the flow and eases the pain
- Use hot water. Hot water has a way of reducing cramps and easing the flow of blood. Using hot water to apply pressure on your stomach can help achieve that. You can invest in a hot water bottle or heating pad.
- Rest when needed.
- Avoid foods that contain caffeine and salt.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Massage your lower back and abdomen.
You can take mild pain relievers but you should ensure it was prescribed by your doctor. Not all menstrual cramps are normal some can also be pointers to underlying health issues so in cases of discomfort and cramps that won’t cease, see your doctor.