AFCON 2017: Cameroon are champions of Africa
- Cameroon beat Egypt 2-1 to be crowned African champions for the 5th time
- El-Neny gave Egypt the lead in the 22nd minute
- Nicolas Nkolou equalised in the 54th
- Vincent Aboubakar won it for Cameroon in the 87th minute
- Benjamin Moukandjo named Man of the Match
- Christian Bassagog wins the tournament MVP award
Cameroon are the African champions for the fifth time beating Egypt by the odd goal in three to emerge winners of Gabon 2017
Egypt drew first blood in the match with intelligent interplay between Mohammed Salah and Mohammed El-Neny presenting the latter with an opportunity to beat Fabrice Ondoa at his near post.
However the last laugh went to Hugo Broos coach of Cameroonian side as two of his substitutes scored in the second half to turn the game on it’s head.
Nicolas Nkolou started the comeback with a towering header and Vincent Aboubakar broke millions of Egyptian hearts with his goal at the death to win it for Cameroon.