Cleanse Your Body By Detoxing Your Feet
The feet is usually one part of the body that is neglected. Just a scrub while bathing or that occasional visit to the spa. If you must slay in sandals, flip-flops or even barefoot keeping your feet healthy is a must. Nothing is more exhilarating than a relaxing warm detox bath that also helps cleanse the body.
There are natural recipes that you can use. They are simple, inexpensive and can be done from the comfort of your home.
SALT DETOX BATH
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 1 cup of sea salt
- Apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of baking soda
- Essential oil (optional)
- In boiling water dissolve salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda in a quart size jar and set aside. Fill the tub with warm/hot water and add apple cider vinegar. Pour salt mixture in and add essential oils if you want.
- Soak in bath for 30 minutes or as long as desired. Note that with any detox bath, you may feel tired or lightheaded when you get out. Do this when you can relax after the detox.
- This bath is great for soothing skin irritation, boosting magnesium levels and overall detoxing.
CLAY DETOX BATH
- 1/2 cup bentonite clay
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- essential oils (optional)
Dissolve the Epsom salt in a warm/hot bath and add essential oils if desired. For the clay there are two options:
- Into a small amount of water vigorously mix the clay until the clumps are mostly dissolved. Do not use a metal spoon, a plastic spoon is preferable. Add the clay mix to the bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- To make a paste mix the clay with a small amount of water. To create a skin mask stand in the tub full of water and rub the clay mix all over your body and let dry for 5 minutes before sitting down. This provides direct contact with the skin and effectively pulls toxins from the skin. Soak in the bath at least 20 minutes or as long as desired. While soaking, use a wash- cloth to scrub any remaining clay off the skin.
As the clay binds to heavy metals and the Epsom salt help pull a variety of toxins from the body while replenishing magnesium levels this bath is great for removing a lot of toxins.
OXYGEN DETOX BATH
- 2 cups (or more) of Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 Tablespoon dried ginger Powder
- Fill the tub with warm/hot water and add the hydrogen peroxide and dried Ginger.
- Soak in the tub for 30 minutes or as long as desired. As the ginger helps clear congestion or alleviate body aches this bath is especially helpful during illness. It can also be helpful for allergies or skin irritation.
- The warmer the water, the more powerful the detox effect will be.
- If you have chlorine and fluoride in your water, I recommend adding a few tablespoons of bentonite clay to any of these baths to help absorb the chemicals so they aren’t absorbed into the skin.