Here Is How You Can Use Cucumbers For Weight Loss
Before we go into details of how cucumber can be used as a weight loss aid we should correct the notion that cucumber is a vegetable. It is actually a fruit, not a vegetable.
Many people worry a lot because they want to lose a few pounds and keep or maintain a sexy shape that some go through extreme measures. You can do yourself some good by losing weight using fruits, vegetables and proper dieting.
Here are three ways you can use cucumbers to put your weight in check.
Use it in your salad
Salads are a great way to get the much-needed amount of vegetables into your body. When eating salad, try adding a little more cucumber and fresh tomatoes into the mix. However, if you are truly trying to lose some weight then you should avoid using salad cream or mayonnaise.
Juicing is truly the best way to get the most out of fruits and vegetables. As cucumbers mostly contain water, it makes it the most ideal for juicing. They are also super easy to juice. Just throw it in a blender and you are good to go
Use it in your sandwich.
You can spice up your sandwich by including cucumbers to the delicious mix. You may want to use wheat bread in place of white bread and fresh yogurt instead of mayonnaise. It is healthy snack you can munch on without worries.
Here are other benefits of eating cucumbers.
- Keeps you hydrated. If you are too busy to drink enough water, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96 percent water. It will cheerfully compensate
- Flushes out toxins. All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
- Nourishes you with vitamins. A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy and keep you radiant. Give it more power by juicing cucumber with carrot and spinach.
- Supplies skin-friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium, silicon. That’s why cucumber-based treatments are popular in spas.
- Aids in weight loss. Enjoy cucumbers in your salads and soups. My favorite snack? Crunchy cucumber sticks with creamy yogurt dip.
- Revives the eyes. Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is a clichéd beauty visual, but it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
- Stabilizes blood pressure. Patients that struggle with blood pressure, both high and low, often find that eating cucumber brings relief.
- Refreshes the mouth. Cucumber juice refreshes and heals diseased gums, leaving your mouth smelling good.
- Smooths hair and nails. Silica, the wonder mineral in cucumber makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier.
- Soothes muscle and joint pain. All those vitamins and minerals in cucumber make it a powerful enemy of muscle and joint pain.
- Keeps kidneys in shape. Cucumber lowers uric acid levels in your system, keeping the kidneys happy.
Some people find cucumber tasteless so look to the other side when they see it. They are missing out on a lot of good nourishment. I snack on cucumber using nuts and I absolutely enjoy it.