Remember when I wrote about being creative with eggs in this post about Yamarita and French toast, I just stumbled on this amazing way to redefine yam and egg by Dooney’s Kitchen. It should not always be traditional or boring and she has this amazing idea on how to turn yam and eggs into pancakes, toasties, and even waffles 🙌.
It’s very easy to make and you just need almost the same ingredients
- Boiled yam
- Vegetable oil or butter
- Chopped vegetable; onions, pepper, etc
- Cut yam into cubes and boil till soft, pound or mash into a smooth and thick consistency. If you have a leftover pounded yam then you can skip this step.
- Add chopped vegetables of your choice to make it colorful.
- Add your eggs, depending on the quantity of the yam.
- Ensure the batter is thick and not watery. Add seasoning of your choice to taste.
- As with every pancake, heat up your pan with a little quantity of oil and scoop enough batter to make a thick pancake, Cook on medium heat and flip carefully to avoid splits.
- You can serve with honey or maple syrup.